Michigan manhunt underway for school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley’s parents after charges announced


Michigan Authorities are asking the public to be vigilant about the parents of Ethan Crumble, the Oxford High School shooting suspect.

A statewide ‘Be on the lookout’ (BOLO) alert issued to James and Jennifer Crumbly Friday, two police departments confirmed for the first time Fox 2 Detroit.

After Attorney General Karen MacDonald notified the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office that she would press charges against the parents on Friday, MPs moved to “arrest the parents,” but their attorney told authorities they were “now unresponsive,” Michael Bouchard told Fox News’ Day Friday.

Ethan Curmbley, 15, allegedly shot and killed four students and wounded seven others at Oxford High School. (Oakland County Sheriff’s Office)

On Thursday, the Kermbley family’s lawyer told authorities that “they will turn themselves in.”

“The attorney said she would make it happen this morning,” Bouchard said.

Parents face four counts of manslaughter after their 15-year-old son was accused of killing four students after opening fire inside an Oakland high school earlier this week, according to Oakland County District Attorney Karen MacDonald.

First court appearance for Ethan Crumble on Wednesday.  (Fox News)

First court appearance for Ethan Crumble on Wednesday. (Fox News)

“Detectives, the fugitives’ capture team, the US Marshall Service, the FBI – we’re all cooperating to find them,” Bouchard said. “I’m sure we’ll find those two.”

He added that the role of the event “did not take place” in the way the officers would have liked it to do.

“We would have liked to have had a little advance notice that the arrest warrant was coming and that it was set up about them or they did something electronically,” he said. “That’s what it is, and we’ll find them.”

Fox News’ Greg Norman contributed to this report.

Leave a Comment